Some people buy too much, some people buy too little. For those who really buy too much, for you to cut down the number of things you buy.
1. Pay cash.
2. Buy small items first. When you buy an expensive item, it’s easy to toss in unthinkingly a lot of smaller items along side it – items that you might have otherwise have spent a lot of time considering, and which add up to a lot of $$$. So pick out smaller items first, then the larger item.
3. Don’t buy too much at one time. If you’re buying too many things, you stop paying attention to what you’re getting.
4. Buy the one that you really like, much better if you will buy it on sale. Unless if it's affordable but fashionable.
5. Before paying, review each of your purchases with a skeptical eye. Don’t buy anything you’re not sure you want and can use.
6. Don’t tell yourself, “I can always return it”; remind yourself, “I can come back if I decide I need it.”
7. Make a list and stick to it.
8. Don’t buy anything that needs to be a specific size unless you know the measurements you need.
9. Don’t shop when you’re hungry.
10. If they have sale then go for it.