In case you haven't realized yet, it is already the beginning of August, which is almost the time to get ready for the transition to fall. And soon enough, high school and college-aged graduates from all over the country will be attending the homecoming parties. Whether you are enthusiastic about winning the title of homecoming queen or not sure what to wear to a banquet, we are here to help. Here are some cute and affordable homecoming dresses as well as tips on how to become a homecoming queen.
Simple and Colorful Homecoming Dress
If bright colors and simple silhouettes are more your thing, look no further than this outfit! Wear a gorgeous red homecoming dress and add a structured bangle to define your look. These turquoise drop earrings look amazing against the red, while some nude heels finish off the streamlined look.
Feminine Lace Homecoming Dress
If you are a fan of lace, try pairing a lace homecoming dress for that perfect mix of trendy and classic. Woven lace pumps are both elegant and stylish, while an adorable necklace and pearl stud earrings complete this polished look.
Polished High Low Homecoming Dress
This high low homecoming dress is a great choice for this special occasion. For this look, we chose a sparkly frock with pretty details, and paired it with some statement jewelry like the unique bow-shaped ring and earrings. Shimmer nail polished gives this outfit a fashion-forward look.
Sparkly Tulle Homecoming Dress
If you have a girly sense of style, try donning a sparkly tulle homecoming dress with beaded detailing. Accessorize with some delicate jewelry like royal blue cocktail ring and silver necklace. Finish the look by some simple black high heels.
Tips on How to Become a Homecoming Queen
- Select a homecoming dress to complement your figure and shape. You have to be the most confident girl in school to win. So you should do the best with what you have, and be confident in who you are.
- Get to know the process for getting on the ballot. In some schools, certain committees or faculties determine the candidates. In this case, you'll want to make sure you target these groups in your pre-election plan.
- Get involved and show your school spirit. Help plan activities for homecoming and participate in school activities. Look for new opportunities to expand your voting section.
- Make good use of your talents and stay away from events where you lack talent.
- Date a candidate for homecoming king. When it comes to homecoming, use the romantic element. People like to vote for couples, especially long-lasting couples, which means don't start dating the candidate the week of the election.
What Are You Planning on Wearing Homecoming Party?
What will you be wearing to become the homecoming queen? How do you keep your outfits budget-friendly then? Do you have any tips? Leave a comment below and let us know!