- Select an outfit. This will depend on the season, the occasion and your mood, but pick clothes that you love and that fit you well.
- Make sure your clothes are pressed and clean. Soil and wrinkles will take away from your fashionable image.
- Dress appropriately for the occasion. If it's casual Friday at the job, a white blouse, khaki slacks and modest pumps or loafers are fine, but unless you work in an extremely casual environment, jeans are not.
- Look at yourself in a mirror from all angles, to make sure your clothes fit in a flattering way. Check for pantie lines, stains or tears.
- Accessorize wisely. Put on all the jewelry you want to wear. Now remove one piece. Too much jewelry is distracting and can take away from a classic image.
- Use accessories like scarves and belts to dress up or dress down your look. Adding these items is quick, inexpensive and can change your look in an instant.
- clothes you can afford. Shopping sales and at outlet stores can yield great finds at lower prices, so don't think quality clothing always costs an arm and a leg. Smart shoppers score good deals all the time. Make sure you buy the best quality
- Stand tall, no matter your height. You can be petite or model tall--what matters is how you present yourself. If you're a trendsetter, always buying and wearing what's new and hip, your image will show that. If you prefer classic clothes that last season after season, people will see that. Dressing fashionably has more to do with how you wear your clothes, not what you're wearing.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
How to wear clothes fashionably
It's not always about wearing what is trendy. Most times, it is about wearing what you feel comfortable in & projecting confidence. You can wear a small black dress or Capri pants with espadrilles & feel as sexy in both with the right attitude. Read on to learn how to fashionably wear clothes.